Used 3rd Model Bess For Sale

  • Damian Siekonic
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
      Greetings all,

      I picked up a used 3rd Model Bess from a collection yesterday. It's definitely seen a few campaigns, but it sparks nicely and is a sturdy gun. There are nicks to the stock, a small sliver is missing along the barrel far forward on the larboard side and the frizzen appears to have been replaced at some point.

      All that said, it seems perfect for a unit's loaner gun or someone starting out on a budget. Pulled the barrel and confirmed it's Indian made. I'll be taking photos of it today, so if you're interested please email me and I'll send them to you. Price is $325 plus shipping, or local pickup in eastern Pennsylvania.

      Best,
      Damian Siekonic
      (610) 972 9981
    • tiberius_lantanius_magnus
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
        Hey Damian,

        I am definately interested. I am coming off nights so I will call you tommorow afternoon.

        Thanks,

        Matt

        > Greetings all,
        >
        > I picked up a used 3rd Model Bess from a collection yesterday. It's definitely seen a few campaigns, but it sparks
        > nicely and is a sturdy gun. There are nicks to the stock, a small sliver is missing along the barrel far forward on
        > the larboard side and the frizzen appears to have been replaced at some point.
        >
        > All that said, it seems perfect for a unit's loaner gun or someone starting out on a budget. Pulled the barrel and
        > confirmed it's Indian made. I'll be taking photos of it today, so if you're interested please email me and I'll send
        > them to you. Price is $325 plus shipping, or local pickup in eastern Pennsylvania.
        >
        > Best,
        > Damian Siekonic
        > (610) 972 9981

      • Damian Siekonic
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2013
          Thank you for all the replies and interest. The Bess has been sold.

          Kind regards,
          Damian Siekonic

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, matt_lanteigne@... wrote:

          > Hey Damian,
          >
          > I am definately interested. I am coming off nights so I will call you tommorow afternoon.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Matt
          >

          > > Greetings all,
          > >
          > > I picked up a used 3rd Model Bess from a collection yesterday. It's definitely seen a few campaigns, but it sparks
          > > nicely and is a sturdy gun. There are nicks to the stock, a small sliver is missing along the barrel far forward on
          > > the larboard side and the frizzen appears to have been replaced at some point.
          > >
          > > All that said, it seems perfect for a unit's loaner gun or someone starting out on a budget. Pulled the barrel and
          > > confirmed it's Indian made. I'll be taking photos of it today, so if you're interested please email me and I'll send
          > > them to you. Price is $325 plus shipping, or local pickup in eastern Pennsylvania.
          > >
          > > Best,
          > > Damian Siekonic
          > > (610) 972 9981

        • hq93rd
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
            Nice!
            http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-maryland-battlefield-20130120,0,7463090.story

            93rd SHRoFLHU
            THE Thin Red Line
            www.93rdhighlanders.com
            www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
            www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

          • Main acct (Imap)
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
              The list may be interested in a programme scheduled on Radio 4 of the BBC in the UK, at 09:00 (GMT) on Thursday 31 Jan 2013 in the excellent "In our time" series presented by Melvin Bragg with three noted academics discuss "The War of 1812.

              The series is one of the history jewels on the BBC and covers a very wide range of topics through determined but polite discussion!

              *(* ~ Peter.catley@...

              On 25 Jan 2013, at 00:53, HQ93rd@... wrote:

              > Nice!
              > http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-maryland-battlefield-20130120,0,7463090.story
              >
              > 93rd SHRoFLHU
              > THE Thin Red Line
              > www.93rdhighlanders.com
              > www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
              > www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

            • Ian Gardner
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
                Caught this news item about the Lundy's Lane Battlefield

                http://bit.ly/Lundys_Lane_lost

                "Apartments to be built on battle site"

                A school directly adjoining the present battlefield site/cemetery closes
                and all the local city council can think to do with it is develop it? I
                thought we'd left this sort of 'pave-it-all' ethos behind us in the
                '50s.

                What gives?

                Ian