January 8, 1815 - THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS

  • ONeil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      The British cross the Chalmette Plantation near dawn and as the fog lifts the American cannons open up. This is the climactic action of the five battles that encompass the Battle of New Orleans. Visiting the battlefield never fails to move me. To a New Orleanian like me, it is truly hallowed ground, a quiet place of sadness and remembrance. It was the last time the British and American met as enemies on a battlefield (in a pitched battle). The battle has haunted me all my life. After penning twenty books, I finally wrote the book I was meant to write, an epic historical novel of love-and-war called BATTLE KISS. www.oneildenoux.net