"History Detectives" tomorrow night -- something new about "The Star-Spangled Banner"

  • David Hildebrand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2013
      Colleagues -- for anyone interested in Oscar Sonneck, John Philip Sousa, Walter Damrosch, or "The Star-Spangled Banner," tune in on PBS to the show "History Detectives" tomorrow night, January 8th at 8 PM EST / 7 PM CST. Filmed at the Peabody Conservatory, Fort McHenry and beyond, it concerns a significant, recently-surfaced early 20th-century manuscript and . . . . well, tune in and learn something new!

      Happy 199th anniversary year of our national anthem,

      David

      David Hildebrand, Ph.D.
      Director, The Colonial Music Institute
      276 Oak Court
      Severna Park, MD 21146
      410 544-6149, cell 410 852-3476
      info@...
      www.colonialmusic.org
      www.1812music.org
      Televised lecture on "The Star-Spangled Banner"
      New 1812 CD!

    • peter monahan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2013
        David

        For those of us who don't live in the lower 48, or simply don't have access to PBS, how about a hint? Tomorrow, of course, so as not to spoil the suspense! Thanks!

        Peter Monahan

        > Colleagues -- for anyone interested in Oscar Sonneck, John Philip Sousa, Walter Damrosch, or "The Star-Spangled Banner," tune in on PBS to the show "History Detectives" tomorrow night, January 8th at 8 PM EST / 7 PM CST. Filmed at the Peabody Conservatory, Fort McHenry and beyond, it concerns a significant, recently-surfaced early 20th-century manuscript and . . . . well, tune in and learn something new!
        >
        > Happy 199th anniversary year of our national anthem,
        >
        > David

      • David Hildebrand