1812 Re: Pike Drill for Serjeants, Revisited...

  • John
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2013
      You know what the Army is like.. Everything is regulated and done 'by the numbers'...! ;-)

      John

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

      > And exactly which manual has the 'make love' and fornicate drills in it?
      >
      > Peter Monahan
      >

      > John Potter said: <SNIP> "Semantics I know but perhaps a subtle distinction from the days when social class was more of a factor in the military than it is today.. A bit like the old saying that the men sweat but officers perspire, or that officers 'make love' and the men/NCO's fornicate...!<unSNIP>

    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 2, 2013
        No I guess you are too fancy for things like that!!

        KW

        From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
        Of Mark Dickerson

        My mistake then. During my years as a sergeant in the light company, I only
        every carried a musket, not one of those silly fish/pike things. And I
        always carried it at the advance as befitting such an important person of
        quality and dignity.

        Mark

        ___