RE: 1812 Re: Pike Drill for Serjeants, Revisited...

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 2, 2013
      My mistake then. During my years as a sergeant in the light company, I only
      every carried a musket, not one of those silly fish/pike things. And I
      always carried it at the advance as befitting such an important person of
      quality and dignity.

      Mark

      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>
      [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <mailto:WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
      Behalf
      Of Mark Dickerson

      but a sgt usually does carry the pike at the advance, so it would be the
      left hand that comes across assuming that is the situation.

      Mark D

      ,___

    • John
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 2, 2013
        You know what the Army is like.. Everything is regulated and done 'by the numbers'...! ;-)

        John

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

        > And exactly which manual has the 'make love' and fornicate drills in it?
        >
        > Peter Monahan
        >

        > John Potter said: <SNIP> "Semantics I know but perhaps a subtle distinction from the days when social class was more of a factor in the military than it is today.. A bit like the old saying that the men sweat but officers perspire, or that officers 'make love' and the men/NCO's fornicate...!<unSNIP>

      • Kevin Windsor
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 2, 2013
          No I guess you are too fancy for things like that!!

          KW