Re: 1812 Self-Introduction from new list member David Hildebrand

  • Ed Seufert
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
      I, whole heartedly, welcome Dave and his extensive knowledge of Music to the
      list!

      Cheers,
      Ed Seufert, Sgt
      1812 Royal Marines
      www.facebook.com\1812RoyalMarines
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2012
        I welcome David and Ginger to the group. David and Ginger are a trusted
        friend of mine for over 20years and we have done a lot of historical
        activities togther.

        Tom Russell

        Royal Marines

        > As asked, being new to the list, I will gladly introduce myself.
        >
        > I am David Hildebrand, a music historian/freelance performer and lecturer
        > in the field of early American music. My wife Ginger and I have released
        > 7 full length CDs, most recently "Music of the War of 1812." I am the
        > director of The Colonial Music Institute, founded in 1999, and as such
        > publish not only recordings but books on early American music and dance,
        > databases and DVDs. Kate Van Winkle Keller's recent full-length book
        > "Music of the War of 1812 in America" is a CMI publication.
        >
        > I am based just north of Annapolis, MD, and am working closely with my
        > brother Mark to market his new documentary film "Anthem: The Story Behind
        > `The Star-Spangled Banner,'" for which I served as music consultant. It
        > premiers on Maryland Public Television this coming Wednesday, December 19,

        > at 9 pm.
        >
        > Ginger and I had focused mostly on 18th-century music until 3 years ago,
        > when we added 1812 as an interest, and we both expect to remain quite busy

        > in this era for a while. Unfortunately, we don't appear at many
        > re-enactments, but instead do concerts, lectures and consulting directly
        > with museums and historic sites. As when we commenced the profession in
        > 1980, we continue to make a living freelance. Much more information is
        > available via the websites and links below.
        >
        > Thank you for admitting me into your company!
        >
        > David
        >
        > David Hildebrand, Ph.D.
        > Director, The Colonial Music Institute
        > 276 Oak Court
        > Severna Park, MD 21146
        > 410 544-6149, cell 410 852-3476
        > info@... <mailto:info%40colonialmusic.org>
        > www.colonialmusic.org
        > www.1812music.org
        > Maryland Public Television premiers "Anthem"
        > Televised lecture on "The Star-Spangled Banner"
        > New 1812 CD!

        =======
        =======

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com/
        =======

      • Tom Hurlbut
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
          I know I've enjoyed their music for quite a while now.

          Welcome!

          "Major" Tom