Self-Introduction from new list member David Hildebrand

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
      As asked, being new to the list, I will gladly introduce myself.

      I am David Hildebrand, a music historian/freelance performer and lecturer in the field of early American music. My wife Ginger and I have released 7 full length CDs, most recently "Music of the War of 1812." I am the director of The Colonial Music Institute, founded in 1999, and as such publish not only recordings but books on early American music and dance, databases and DVDs. Kate Van Winkle Keller's recent full-length book "Music of the War of 1812 in America" is a CMI publication.

      I am based just north of Annapolis, MD, and am working closely with my brother Mark to market his new documentary film "Anthem: The Story Behind `The Star-Spangled Banner,'" for which I served as music consultant. It premiers on Maryland Public Television this coming Wednesday, December 19, at 9 pm.

      Ginger and I had focused mostly on 18th-century music until 3 years ago, when we added 1812 as an interest, and we both expect to remain quite busy in this era for a while. Unfortunately, we don't appear at many re-enactments, but instead do concerts, lectures and consulting directly with museums and historic sites. As when we commenced the profession in 1980, we continue to make a living freelance. Much more information is available via the websites and links below.

      Thank you for admitting me into your company!

      David

      David Hildebrand, Ph.D.
      Director, The Colonial Music Institute
      276 Oak Court
      Severna Park, MD 21146
      410 544-6149, cell 410 852-3476
      info@...
      www.colonialmusic.org
      www.1812music.org
      Maryland Public Television premiers "Anthem"
      Televised lecture on "The Star-Spangled Banner"
      New 1812 CD!
    • Ed Seufert
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
        I, whole heartedly, welcome Dave and his extensive knowledge of Music to the
        list!

        Cheers,
        Ed Seufert, Sgt
        1812 Royal Marines
        www.facebook.com\1812RoyalMarines
        > As asked, being new to the list, I will gladly introduce myself.
        >
        > I am David Hildebrand, a music historian/freelance performer and lecturer
        > in the field of early American music. My wife Ginger and I have released
        > 7 full length CDs, most recently "Music of the War of 1812." I am the
        > director of The Colonial Music Institute, founded in 1999, and as such
        > publish not only recordings but books on early American music and dance,
        > databases and DVDs. Kate Van Winkle Keller's recent full-length book
        > "Music of the War of 1812 in America" is a CMI publication.
        >
        > I am based just north of Annapolis, MD, and am working closely with my
        > brother Mark to market his new documentary film "Anthem: The Story Behind
        > `The Star-Spangled Banner,'" for which I served as music consultant. It
        > premiers on Maryland Public Television this coming Wednesday, December 19,
        > at 9 pm.
        >
        > Ginger and I had focused mostly on 18th-century music until 3 years ago,
        > when we added 1812 as an interest, and we both expect to remain quite busy
        > in this era for a while. Unfortunately, we don't appear at many
        > re-enactments, but instead do concerts, lectures and consulting directly
        > with museums and historic sites. As when we commenced the profession in
        > 1980, we continue to make a living freelance. Much more information is
        > available via the websites and links below.
        >
        > Thank you for admitting me into your company!
        >
        > David
        >
        > David Hildebrand, Ph.D.
        > Director, The Colonial Music Institute
        > 276 Oak Court
        > Severna Park, MD 21146
        > 410 544-6149, cell 410 852-3476
        > info@...
        > www.colonialmusic.org
        > www.1812music.org
        > Maryland Public Television premiers "Anthem"
        > Televised lecture on "The Star-Spangled Banner"
        > New 1812 CD!

      • Tom Russell
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2012
          I welcome David and Ginger to the group. David and Ginger are a trusted
          friend of mine for over 20years and we have done a lot of historical
          activities togther.

          Tom Russell

          Royal Marines

          > As asked, being new to the list, I will gladly introduce myself.
          >
          > I am David Hildebrand, a music historian/freelance performer and lecturer
          > in the field of early American music. My wife Ginger and I have released
          > 7 full length CDs, most recently "Music of the War of 1812." I am the
          > director of The Colonial Music Institute, founded in 1999, and as such
          > publish not only recordings but books on early American music and dance,
          > databases and DVDs. Kate Van Winkle Keller's recent full-length book
          > "Music of the War of 1812 in America" is a CMI publication.
          >
          > I am based just north of Annapolis, MD, and am working closely with my
          > brother Mark to market his new documentary film "Anthem: The Story Behind
          > `The Star-Spangled Banner,'" for which I served as music consultant. It
          > premiers on Maryland Public Television this coming Wednesday, December 19,

          > at 9 pm.
          >
          > Ginger and I had focused mostly on 18th-century music until 3 years ago,
          > when we added 1812 as an interest, and we both expect to remain quite busy

          > in this era for a while. Unfortunately, we don't appear at many
          > re-enactments, but instead do concerts, lectures and consulting directly
          > with museums and historic sites. As when we commenced the profession in
          > 1980, we continue to make a living freelance. Much more information is
          > available via the websites and links below.
          >
          > Thank you for admitting me into your company!
          >
          > David
          >
          > David Hildebrand, Ph.D.
          > Director, The Colonial Music Institute
          > 276 Oak Court
          > Severna Park, MD 21146
          > 410 544-6149, cell 410 852-3476
          > info@... <mailto:info%40colonialmusic.org>
          > www.colonialmusic.org
          > www.1812music.org
          > Maryland Public Television premiers "Anthem"
          > Televised lecture on "The Star-Spangled Banner"
          > New 1812 CD!

          =======
          =======

          =======
          http://www.pctools.com/
          =======

        • Tom Hurlbut
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2012
            I know I've enjoyed their music for quite a while now.

            Welcome!

            "Major" Tom