Introduction

  • markus1690
    Message 1 of 174 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hello everyone,

      I just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Mark Burnison. I'm with the 2nd Lincoln Militia. I've been in re-enacting for just over one year now, and I'm looking forward to next season. I guess I'll explain a bit about myself. I grew up in Hamilton, not that far from Battlefield House. My family always went to the re-enactment of the Battle of Stoney Creek every year, and being the history nut I am, one year I had the courage to ask about joining the hobby. Mind you, it took a while for me to actually join, what with college and all, but I'm here nonetheless.

      I'm also an amateur genealogist. I've been at Brock two years now studying history, and I've just started the Brock University Genealogical Society a couple of months back and I'm currently the President of the club. I have ancestors who fought in the War of 1812, and one of my ancestors, Michael Shaw, served in the Butler's Rangers during the Rev War and as a Captain of the 2nd Norfolks during the War of 1812. I also have relatives who served in the 5th and 2nd Lincoln militias. Hope to see everyone next season!

      Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, etc., etc.
      Mark Adam Burnison
    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 174 of 174 , Dec 19, 2013
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group?  We will look forward to your posts.

        Jim Gallen