"When Was the War of 1812?" quiz video at the DCHHP Showcase Dec. 6

  • Diane Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2012
      I will be showing my quiz project video "When was the War of 1812?"  during the reception at 6:30 pm prior to the showcase activities. If you have any DC history stories to tell, this is a great grant project for you to pursue. I received $2,000 from the Humanities Council of Washington, DC with the Dumbarton House as my fiscal sponsor to make my video quiz about the War of 1812 in Washington, DC. The showcase is free! Just use the Eventbrite link below, or call the HCWDC office to register for the event. ~~Diane Williams

      The DC Community Heritage Project Showcase will be held on December 6, 2012 at All Souls Church, located
      at 1500 Harvard Street, NW from 6:30 – 8:30pm. We are asking grantees to arrive at 6pm to exhibit work from your project and enjoy the refreshments. The program will take place as follows:
      6:00pm - Arrival to begin set-up in the
      Pierce Ballroom of All Souls Church. Six foot tables will be arranged
      around the perimeter of the room. Each of you will have space to display your project. There are electrical outlets available for laptop
      computer displays. Refreshments will also be provided.
      6:30pm – Open exhibit to the general public. Attendees will have an opportunity to meet with you and learn more about your project.
      7:00pm – Remarks will be given by David
      Maloney, State Historic Preservation Officer; Bradford Grant, Chair of
      Humanities Council Board of Directors.
      7:15pm - Keynote address delivered by Jennifer Kraftchik, Director of the Historical Society.
      7:30pm – Film viewing(about all of the projects)

      8:00pm - Questions and answers with the audience
      8:25pm - Closing remarks by Joy Ford Austin, Director of the Humanities Council
      We have been promoting this event through our
      various networks and have nearly one hundred registrations. Our goal is
      two hundred registrations so we need your help by posting the event on
      your website your continued support in encouraging your friends,
      networks and colleges to attend. Registration can be completed through
      our Eventbrite page at http://dcchpshowcase2012.eventbrite.com/ or by calling the office at (202) 387-8391. If you have any questions,
      feel free to reach me via email or by phone at (202) 387-8391. Thanks in advance for all of your hard work and making the Showcase a great
      Mark Smith
      Director of Grants & Special Projects
      925 U Street, NW
      Washington, DC 20001