Midland Winterfest War of 1812 Encampment - February 2nd, 2013

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      PAID EVENT - LOOKING FOR: RE-ENACTORS, ARTISANS, ENTERTAINERS, HISTORICAL
      DISPLAYS, MUSCIANS, ETC...

      LogosFINAL-OUT.jpg

      http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqrcUbGIsdPedXQQtJrvOeFEDPLCgllivW_
      CQd9QJdyaIb-EXw_wSouthern Georgian Bay

      Official War of 1812 Bicentennial Event

      Midland Winterfest, Little Lake Park

      Saturday, February 2nd, 2013

      Midland, Ontario, Canada

      The Historic Military Establishment of Upper Canada/Royal

      Newfoundland Regiment - Bulger's Co. will be hosting a War of 1812 winter
      encampment for Winterfest from 10:00am till 4:00pm on Saturday, February
      2nd/2013 located at Little Lake Park, Midland, ON.

      The day will include military drill, musket and cannon firing, candy cannon,
      mini militia, period cooking, artisans, encampments, etc. Our group will
      host lunch for everyone in attendance and if you are able to make it please
      feel free to join us and make a bit of noise to shake off the winter blues.

      We are looking for participants to partake in this one day event and are
      specifically looking for the following:

      British & American Military Units, Individuals & Encampments

      Period Musical Performers & Fife and Drum Groups
      Period Demonstrators, Artisans, Entertainers and Merchants
      Native & Voyageur Units, Individuals & Encampments
      Artillery Crews and Cannons/Artillery Encampments

      If you have a special unique 19th century talent not listed above we would
      also like to hear from you!!!

      This is a paid event for all participants and you will be compensated for
      attending and providing wholesome education and public orientated
      programming. A reminder that this event is a little different from normal
      re-enactments as all participants are being compensated for attending and
      during public hours you are required to cater and interact with the public.
      First person interpretations and historical portrayals are stressed and
      encouraged as much as possible.

      If you are available to attend the event please submit a proposal
      with the following information from you or your unit/group:

      1. Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone Number and E-mail address and

      website it applicable.
      2. A description of what you have to offer in regards to talent,

      demonstrations, exhibits, entertainment, encampments etc.
      3. Any promotional materials, pictures, website addresses, flyers, DVD,

      CD, Etc. promoting yourself or your group
      4. How many performances, interpretations, and presentations you would
      perform if applicable.
      5. How much it would cost for participating for the day.
      6. Please submit your proposals via email to David J. Brunelle at:

      Email - <mailto:davidbrunelle@...> davidbrunelle@...
      Phone: 705-716-7124

      I thank you all in advance for submitting your proposals as you are more
      than aware that all proposals submitted may not be selected for the event.

      We look forward to receiving everyone's proposals and if you have any
      questions feel free to contact me anytime!

      David J. Brunelle
      Co-ordinator Historical Displays/Exhibits
      Midland Winterfest 2013