Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering - November 24/12, Burlington, ON

  • Sioux
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2012
      Good morning, everyone --

      Just a quick reminder that the 13th Annual Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering is fast approaching. We would love it if you would join us at the Royal Botanical Gardens, 680 Plains Road West, Burlington, Ontario, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Saturday, Novemebr 24th. Some 30 historic merchants and sutlers will come together to recreate an Upper Canadian Christmas Market from 200 years ago, stocked with a plethora of unusual gifts and treasures for you to peruse, ponder, and purchase (to steal a line from Sutler Cyrus!).

      If you come in period dress, you will be admitted free of charge -- otherwise regular Royal Botanical Gardens admission will apply (Adults: $12.00, Senior/Student: $10, Child (5-12): $7, Child (under 5): free, Family (2 adults, 2 children): $30.00). Period dress will also gain you free admission to the entire Gardens, and to their event, "Holiday Traditions" that is running concurrently with the Gathering. Don't miss their new G-scale train layout featuring vignettes from across Canada that will be running in the foyer, and don't forget to visit Santa's Village on the Mezzanine floor, where the jolly old elf himself will be waiting to hear everyone's Christmas wishes. (And I'd hazard a guess that this is the only event at which he hears repeated requests for muskets and cannons . . .!!)

      There is free parking onsite, and the Gardens' cafe will be open if you wish to purchase food and drink items.

      The website for the event is http://historicmerchants.com/xmasgathering.html -- updates will be posted shortly listing the participating merchants, display participants, and sponsors of this event.

      We hope we'll see you there!

      All the best,
      -- Sioux