Re: 1812 Francis Caldwells sword

  • gary beauregard
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
      It's all in the hilts.

      ________________________________
      From: doucanu2 <doucanu2@...>
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 5:18 PM
      Subject: 1812 Francis Caldwells sword

      In the below link to the Windsor Public Library they show a picture of William and Francis Caldwells swords/sabers.Because I know very little about swords I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what thay are called and the difference between Williams and Francis'.

      http://www.windsorpubliclibrary.com/digi/war1812/contents/introduction/largeimagespages/FF-81-3-1.htm

      Were they British swords/sabers,sword knots,sashes etc supplied to the officers of the B.I.D the same as those supplied to the regular British Military?

      Thanks for any help,

      Gerry