Call for Papers - War of 1812 Symposium - March 2 - Hamilton, Ontario

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      We are well on our way in terms of the planning for the 2013 edition of the War of 1812 Bicentennial Symposium.

      This will be held downtown in Hamilton, Ontario at the Sheraton Hotel on March 2, 2013.

      We are very pleased to send out this call for papers for our "mini-sessions".

      Aside from the opening and closing keynote addresses; there will be four rotations with each rotation offering symposium participants a choice of 5 topics. One of these topics will be a split session (shared with a second speaker). It is these for which we are calling for papers as the full sessions have all been negotiated.

      We welcome talks on the War of 1812: the actions, the armies, key personalities, society and the realities of life during this time period.

      The talk should be 15 minutes in length to be followed by a 5 minute question and answer period.

      In turn, we would be able to offer a modest honorarium as well as admission to the symposium for the day.

      If you have an interest in presenting, please send your proposal to tom4141fournier@... (tom4141fournier (at) yahoo.ca).

      Be sure to include a title, a brief description of your topic and also a few words on your credentials (why you are versed in this topic).

      We require submissions by EOB on November 14th.

      Tom Fournier
      On Behalf of the Organizing Committee
      War of 1812 Bicentennial Symposium