Inviting British Redcoats to Lewiston, NY

  • lee@simonson.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      INVITING 1812 BRITISH REDCOATS

      British redcoats: You are to invited to participate in this year's
      Flames Through Lewiston event, scheduled from 6:30 to 7pm
      on Saturday, December 15, here in Lewiston, NY, just a short
      distance from Niagara Falls and on the Canadian border.

      Ten large fires are placed strategically down the middle of our
      main street, while British soldiers, accompanied by British natives,
      fight New York militia and Tuscarora natives. This will commemorate
      the 199th anniversary of the burning of Lewiston on December
      19, 1813. (Next year, the reenactment will be in the morning,
      closer to real time.)

      This is a well attended and popular event, and was just featured
      on CBC's "Been There, Won That" documentary special. Dozens
      of civilian reenactors, as well as school children, will be
      participating too.

      Here are photographs from last year's Flames:
      http://www.pbase.com/decarr/flames_through_lewiston-2011

      A free buffet dinner at a local pub will be offered to all reenactors
      after the event.

      We'd love to have you and if you are interested or have any
      questions, please contact me directly. Look forward to hearing
      from you. Thank you.

      Lee Simonson, Volunteer
      Historical Association of Lewiston, NY
      716-754-8414