2013 Events

  • westhouse03
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2012
      List,

      http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/index.html

      The above link will give you a very good idea of what events there will be for 2013.

      If there are events known that are not on the list please let me know and I will add them. The events are mainly re-enactment events, memorials, parades and conferences. The events listed do not generally include 1812 bake sales, ribbon cuttings and the like but events which commemorate events which actually took place.

      The events on that site for 2013 are listed below. On the actual event calendar site (link above) the dates that are in their anniversary year are listed in red and have their actual battle date listed below in brackets.

      I perform this task because I too must book vacation in advance and must know when events are scheduled. I book my vacation usually in the month of March for the following vacation period which runs from July to June the following year. When it comes to booking vacation time for Waterloo (June of 2015) I will be booking that time off in March of 2014.

      Dave Westhouse.

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      WAR Of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      2013

      Jan 19 . . . River Raisin Memorial - Monroe, MI

      Mar 2 . . . Living History Conference - Hamilton, ON
      Mar 3 . . . Longwoods Memorial - Wardsville, ON
      Mar 23-24 . . . 1812 in the West Symposium - Arrow Rock, MO

      Apr ? . . . Officer/NCO School Fort George - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
      Apr ? . . . All Ranks Drill Fort George - Niagara-on-the-Lake, On

      May 3-5 . . . Fort Meigs - Perrysburg, OH
      May 3-5 . . . Attack on Havre De Grace - Havre De Grace, MD
      May 10-12 . . . Relive the Talbot Settlement - Tyrconnell, ON
      May 24-27. . . Capture of Fort George - Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
      May 31-Jun 1 . . . Battle of Stoney Creek - Stoney Creek, ON

      June 8 . . . Engagement at the Forty - Grimsby, ON

      July 12-14 . . . 200th Ann. Crysler's Farm - Morrisburg, ON

      Aug 3-4 . . . Sackets Harbor - Sackets Harbor, NY
      Aug 2-4 . . . Battle of Fort Stephenson - Fremont, OH
      Aug 10 . . . Attack on St. Michael's - St. Michael's, MD
      Aug 10-11 . . . Siege of Fort Erie - Fort Erie, ON
      Aug 16-18 . . . Wasaga Under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON
      Aug 31-Sept 1 . . . 1812 Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY
      Aug 31-Sept 1 . . . Battle of Lake Erie - Put-in-bay, OH

      Sept 6-8 . . . Battle of Plattsburgh - Plattsburgh, NY
      Sept 7-8 . . . Backus Mill - Port Rowan, ON
      Sept 7-8 . . . Battle of Fort McHenry - Baltimore, MD

      Oct 4-6 . . . Battle of the Thames- Thamesville, ON
      Oct 11-13 . . . Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, IN

      Nov 11 . . . Crysler's Farm memorial - Morrisburg, ON

      ? . . . Sutler Christmas Gathering - Hamilton, ON

      Dec 19 . . . 200th Anniv. 1812 Fort Niagara - Youngstown, NY
      Dec 19 . . . Tuscarora Heroes Monument Unveiling- Lewiston, NY
    • Matt Lanteigne
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2012
        Thanks Dave!

        Matt