Re: 1812 Queenston Heights--Great First Event!

  • sabre1183
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2012
      I have done ACW before and am currently doing WW1...but it is a real joy for me to do War of 1812. With so much of the war having transpired within 30 minutes of where I live, it adds a flavor to reenacting I have never experienced before. I am reliving events that impacted the region where I live and grew up--the region my forebears chose to settle in. Plus, you all do an excellent job of making a guy feel welcome. Of all the reenacting communities I have yet to be a part of, this is certainly the friendliest and most easygoing group of folks I have met. From the forum to the camaraderie on the field, the 1812 period feels more like a family than the others I have been a part of.