Battle of Queenston Heights

  • seascoutleader
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 15, 2012
      On behalf of On-gwe-ho-way, I would like to extend our deep gratitude to Mr. Twist, Mr. Williams, Mr. Martin, Mr. Hill and Travis (who's last name I don't know) for the awesome weekend. The weekend was very memorable and deeply moving. The choreography was precise and practical to be able to compress such an extended historical event into such a short presentation on such a scaled down battleground.
      We want to especially thank you all for showcasing the native involvement in this key historical event. We were deeply moved by the huge roar from the crowd as we fielded.
      Well done by one and all.

      Miigwech
      Hunter
      On-gwe-ho-way
    • Kim Lundberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 15, 2012
        Seko Akwekon,

        I agree with Hunter, the event, even with the restrictions, was a great way to show the people that indigenous peoples helped to protect the land of Canada way back in 1812 at a formative moment in Canadian history, where all the factions in Upper and Lower Canada together, fought off an invasion from a powerful neighbour. The audience appreciation was fantastic and my heart swelled with emotion too.
        A great job of organization. A special thank you to Peter Twist and Hal Denison. The battle went very well, The food was very good, the transportation functioned well and, the Fort felt like home.

        Niaweh kowa, onen kiwahi,
        Kim Lundberg, War Chief of the Upper Canada Woodland Allies.