Queenston Heights/Brock Funeral

  • tom4141fournier
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2012
      Dear list:

      What a thing to have the opportunity to take part in!

      From the Saturday morning inspection, we knew we were in something very big and very special.

      The looks of wonder on peoples' faces as we marched along the parkway made the kilometres slip away effortlessly.

      The British and Canadian contingents were massive, and the battle was spectacular.

      For the funeral parade, I was carried away with the solemnity of the occasion and this now ranks as one of my all time reenacting highlights.

      The corporate entities of the Friends of Fort George, Parks Canada and the Niagara Parks Commission did a wonderful job in creating an unforgetable occasion but within those groups and volunteering on the organizing committee, many of us have dear friends that worked tirelessly on the many committee meetings to bring this reality. You know who you are we are in awe of the result that you achieved.

      Waiting for the bicentennial reminds me of being a child waiting for Christmas ...it seems like it will never come and then it is gone. What a way to pretty much wrap up our first year of the commemorations!

      Your most humble and obedient Servant,

      Tom Fournier, Captain
      41st Regiment of Foot