Camping areas, Ft George

  • petemonahan
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10 5:35 PM
      Gentlemen

      Here is some further information on camp layout for Ft George:

      All British infantry regiments, the Drums and the Canadian Fencibles will be camped in AREA A - the triangle formed by the bicycle path, the Niagara R. Parkway and south of the south wall of the Fort and triangle bastion

      Naval and artillery will camp and set up the artillery park in Areas C & D - Along the west wall of the Fort, on either side of the West gate

      US forces will be camped in Area E - Immediately west of the northern half of the Fort, abutting the west wall

      Cavalry and horse drawn artillery will occupy Area F - Between the bicycle path and the road, along the north- west side of the Fort

      Natives will occupy Area G - Immediately north of the Visitors' Centre

      Cdn. Militia regiments, the British Indian Department and the Glengarry Light Infantry will be in Areas H & I - The area inside the fort, abutting the west wall

      Detailed maps will be available at registration and lines will be marked out with yellow flags and string.

      Please try to ensure that you are in the right spot before you pitch any tents. While offloading and pitching camp, please park your vehicles in the company streets in such a way that traffic is possible.
      Please endeavor to move vehicles to the designated parking areas a.s.a.p.

      Again, I will be on site from early Thursday morning, wearing an orange traffic vest.

      Thank you for your co-operation!

      Peter Monahan
    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11 6:26 AM
        I believe the blockhouse is being used by the various Fort staffs as
        they don't have camp gear.

        On 11-Oct-12, at 7:26 AM, rnc115@... wrote:

        > Will anyone be using the barracks ?
        >
        > Phil Holmes

      • Craig Williams
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11 6:26 AM
          I believe the blockhouse is being used by the various Fort staffs as
          they don't have camp gear.

          On 11-Oct-12, at 7:26 AM, rnc115@... wrote:

          > Will anyone be using the barracks ?
          >
          > Phil Holmes

        • Tom Hurlbut
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11 5:43 PM
            Hey Phil! You guys coming? How many wedges do you require? I can help with
            that (to a point!).

            "Major" Tom

            _____

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 14 6:39 PM
              Hi Tom,

              Did you drop off my tunic and shako at the wedge tent? I'm assuming not as
              I did not see it there. If you could confirm that would be great!

              Great event and will chat soon!

              David J. Brunelle, OCT

              Project Director

              Southern Georgian Bay