Teery Copp Lecture Attended

  • markpsutka_bid
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012
      Esteemed List;

      As posted on this list Sept 25 by Mr. Hobbs, I attended the Legends of Laurier Lecture given by Prof. Terry Copp at WLU. About 75 people were there, mostly alumni. Terry Copp is an interesting speaker and runs the Laurier Centre for Military Strategic and Disarmament Studies, at the Laurier office located at 232 King St N Waterloo Ont.

      His talk on the 1812 conflict was pressed for time- but every time I attend a lecture from a learned person I pick up a new perspective of the War, and more often than not some precious nugget of information previously unknown to me. I attended the lecture in 1812 garb- and was well received and allowed to make an announcement to the room about the upcoming Queenston Heights event- many audience members asked me for details so the funny looks were well worth it.

      Currently Prof Copp is working on digitizing 10's of thousands of aerial photos of the Canadian advance thru Normandy from D-Day on. The original photo's were to be thrown out due to lack of storage. If anyone is interested in this process- visit the office listed above. He is also working on a book of 1812 battlefields, as part of his ongoing Battlefied Maps series.

      Thanx to all on this list for posting items such as this lecture notice, I would not have found out about it otherwise.

      Yours in History,
      Mark Psutka
      BID