Re: Queenston Heights Participant Schedule (Canadian Side of River)

  • ucmilitiagreen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2012
      Good evening,

      Just two quick questions about the weekend... (1) Will we need to carry mess kits with us on the march for our meals at Queenston? (2) Will we need powder for Sunday?

      Thank you for your time,
      Pvt. Sculthorp, 104th Rgt.
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
        The meals at Queenston will not require mess kits and I don't think you will require powder for Sunday as it is a parade and reenactment of Brock & Macdonell's funeral.
        Jim

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "ucmilitiagreen" <ucmilitiagreen@...> wrote:

        > Good evening,
        >
        > Just two quick questions about the weekend... (1) Will we need to carry mess kits with us on the march for our meals at Queenston? (2) Will we need powder for Sunday?
        >
        > Thank you for your time,
        > Pvt. Sculthorp, 104th Rgt.

      • peter monahan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
          Mr. Hill, sir

          Other than the local tv news crews, who I assume will be out in force, are there any plans to film the battle and/or funeral for posterity? If not, is there any chance that news coverage will be archived in an accessible location?

          Respectfully,

          Peter Monahan

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
            The Niagara-on-the-Lake committee has a videographer and photographer.

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

            > Mr. Hill, sir
            >
            > Other than the local tv news crews, who I assume will be out in force, are there any plans to film the battle and/or funeral for posterity? If not, is there any chance that news coverage will be archived in an accessible location?
            >
            > Respectfully,
            >
            > Peter Monahan

          • peter monahan
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
              Excellent!

              Peter Monahan

              petemonahan@...
              705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

              [MODERATOR HERE. Peter, please read the message at the bottom of each post, that talks about trimming down the message you are replying to. I am sure other list members, especially ones who get messages in digest form, will appreciate this courtesy...]