Queenston Heights Participant Schedule (Canadian Side of River)

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2012
      Queenston Heights Participants' Schedule of Events

      Friday, October 12
      9am – 4pm Education Programme at Queenston Heights
      10am- 4pm Fort George open to the Public
      2pm - 10 pm Registration at Fort George *Late arrivals to register the following morning
      9pm Unit Commanders meeting Fort George Officers' Quarters

      Saturday, October 13
      7:00 am - Reveille
      7:30 am - Breakfast in Fort George, marchers eat first
      9:00 am - Form up and inspection
      9:30 am - Step off for marchers, buses picking up non-marchers all-day every 20 min.
      10:00 am - Fort George open to the public
      10:00 am - Plaque unveiling at Brock Dead House in Queenston Village
      11:00 am - Plaque unveiling at Brock's Monument on Queenston Heights
      11:00 am - Gunners make their way to Queenston Heights with their guns
      12:00- 1:30 pm - Lunch Provided in Queenston Heights Pavilions
      12:00 pm - Artillery firing Queenston Heights Battlefield
      12:00 pm - Arrival of the Americans from Lewiston
      1:00 pm - Last stragglers brought in at bayonet point (or in a van or bus)
      2:00 pm - Army Commanders and Pyrotechnician meeting on the field
      2:30 pm - Form up for Battle
      3:00 pm - Battle of Queenston Heights
      4:15 pm - Form up for commemorative service
      4:30 pm - Commemorative Service Brock's Monument
      5:30 pm - 7pm - Warm Dinner Provided in Queenston Heights Pavilions
      7:15 (ish) pm Fireworks (best view facing Brock's Monument)
      10:00 pm - Last bus off the Heights (vans will pick up/arrest stragglers)

      Sunday, October 14
      7:00 am - Reveille
      7:30 am - Breakfast in Fort George
      10:00 am - Fort George open to the public
      10:30 am - Parade Briefing in Officers' Quarters Fort George
      11:00 am - Ceremony Practice
      12:00 noon Parade through Niagara-on-the-Lake
      1:00 pm - Drumhead service funeral at Brock's Bastion
      2:00 pm - Lunch Provided at Fort George
    • ucmilitiagreen
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 8, 2012
        Good evening,

        Just two quick questions about the weekend... (1) Will we need to carry mess kits with us on the march for our meals at Queenston? (2) Will we need powder for Sunday?

        Thank you for your time,
        Pvt. Sculthorp, 104th Rgt.
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
          The meals at Queenston will not require mess kits and I don't think you will require powder for Sunday as it is a parade and reenactment of Brock & Macdonell's funeral.
          Jim

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "ucmilitiagreen" <ucmilitiagreen@...> wrote:

          > Good evening,
          >
          > Just two quick questions about the weekend... (1) Will we need to carry mess kits with us on the march for our meals at Queenston? (2) Will we need powder for Sunday?
          >
          > Thank you for your time,
          > Pvt. Sculthorp, 104th Rgt.

        • peter monahan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2012
            Mr. Hill, sir

            Other than the local tv news crews, who I assume will be out in force, are there any plans to film the battle and/or funeral for posterity? If not, is there any chance that news coverage will be archived in an accessible location?

            Respectfully,

            Peter Monahan

          • Jim
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
              The Niagara-on-the-Lake committee has a videographer and photographer.

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

              > Mr. Hill, sir
              >
              > Other than the local tv news crews, who I assume will be out in force, are there any plans to film the battle and/or funeral for posterity? If not, is there any chance that news coverage will be archived in an accessible location?
              >
              > Respectfully,
              >
              > Peter Monahan

            • peter monahan
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 10, 2012
                Excellent!

                Peter Monahan

                petemonahan@...
                705-435-0953 home / 705-890-9953 cell

                [MODERATOR HERE. Peter, please read the message at the bottom of each post, that talks about trimming down the message you are replying to. I am sure other list members, especially ones who get messages in digest form, will appreciate this courtesy...]