Re: Queenston Heights

  • shayna121
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 30 7:01 AM
      The link below does not work because of the period at the end of the link. If you remove it, it should work.

      Sorry,

      Chris

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "shayna121" <PrivateCannon@...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      > There are a few (almost) last minute items that I need to reiterate about the Queenston Heights event in two weeks.
      >
      > 1 - Registrations are taken on a unit-basis, so please remind your unit commander to register at this link: http://www.visit1812.com/events/queenston-registration.html. Updates are greatly appreciated. Simply note on the form that it is an update.
    • shayna121
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
        One final note (I hope) about registration.

        If you are planning on arriving Saturday morning to participate in the march, the British will begin forming at 9:00. You will need to register and be ready to form for 9:00, therefore, so you should time your arrival appropriately. The march will not wait for late registrants!

        Chris McKay

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 10, 2012
          Hello All,
          I have posted two files in a folder named 'Queenston Heights' on the Yahoo group site. They are the plans for the battle this weekend. Unit Commanders, please ensure you have reviewed these files so you are clear on your role during the battle.

          Any questions, please ask.

          Thanks,

          Chris McKay
          AdC to General Twist
        • roy winders
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 13, 2012
            On behalf of The British Indian Dept.
            I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to Parks Canada staff and volunteers,
            the organizers in crown forces and those people on the other end of the field,
            also a big thanks to all my fellow reenactors for not only this amazing event
            but also this past season.
            Hope to see you all again in the spring.
            Roy Winders, Capt. B.I.D.

          • Kevin Windsor
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 15, 2012
              WOW... What more can be said!

              On behalf of the 7th Company Royal Newfoundland Regiment I would like to
              thank Dan, Peter, Elizabeth, Peter, Gavin, Peter, Dave, Chris, Sal, and
              anyone else from Fort George that I have missed... Thanks for giving us such
              a wonderful place to sleep! To Erica, Jim and the rest of the Friends of
              Fort George, thank you for keeping me fat and happy all weekend. I can't
              believe we didn't have to cook anything!

              To Jim, Heather, Tanya, Rebecca, Daryl, Trav, Justin, and the rest of the
              staff of the Niagara Parks Commission, thanks for looking after us along the
              way.

              Thank you to the Crown Forces Staff for arriving to layout the camp for us,
              plan the battle scenarios, buy yards of black silk for armbands and sword
              knot covers, and for being the glue that kept this two country, three site
              event together.

              Lastly thanks to all of you for coming. WOW... this one is going down in
              the history books!

              Kevin Windsor, Captain

              Royal Newfoundland Regiment