Trafalgar Day Picnic

  • MauriceD
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2012
      Ashley & Maurice DePas would like to invite you to join them for a Trafalgar Day Picnic on Sunday October 21st. 2012.
      (In celebration of the famous victory of our late lamented Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson and his defeat of the combined French and Spanish Fleets on that fateful October day in 1805.)

      We have secured & booked the Historic Rancho Camulos for this event. The grounds are lush, beautiful and nestled amid orange groves. Plentiful shade on grassy areas with fountains, gardens and a small chapel all dating from the mid 1800's. The Rancho itself and the museum will be open to us for tours. There is proper parking & modern restroom facilities.

      Rancho Camulos is located about 10 minutes West of Magic Mountain on SR 126 Ventura County California.

      We'll provide tea and non-alcoholic punch (bring your own mug), some tea sandwiches and snacks but it's a perfect spot to bring a picnic basket and a blanket for your Regency family picnic. Alcohol is permitted. Even encouraged. BYOB.

      The space is ours for the day so if you have a period sport like archery, badminton, lawn bowling or cricket, bring along your gear- there is plenty of space.
      Swords & Muskets are welcome if you'd like to drill or march the property, but no powder please; -maybe next year, and there could be a next year as I believe they may welcome the idea of a weekend encampment should this event go smoothly.

      Regimentals or Regency attire required. Horses (call first), Dogs, Civilians and Frenchmen all welcome -provided they be well behaved.
      We're asking $12.00 per adult to cover the site fee & incidentals. Hours 11:00- 5:00 PM.

      We hope you'll turn out and join us in this great opportunity to get together in uniform for good fun and cameraderie this October 21st.. Please pass this along to your Regiment or group and any like minded Napoleonic era enthusiasts. The more the merrier...

      to register: https://www.facebook.com/events/422726131099625/