verification on John Ireland 1781-1826

  • Pauline Grondin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2012
      There is always a burr in the field somewhere. After verifying four different ways, a lady has phoned to tell me I am wrong. If anyone has a list for the 1st. Flank Company of the 2nd York Militia during the War of 1812. I am looking for records on Capt. John Ireland who came to Canada with the British Army and served during the War of 1812 as Quartermaster in charge of the supply line along Dundas Street in Nelson (present day Burlington). The "burr" in question has advised me that it was John's twin brother James who held the afore mentioned position. All my sources tell me it was John. Any information out there would be most helpful. Thank you. Pauline GrondinVoices of the Past
      www.paulinegrondin.com

    • kell
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2012
        Here is a good place to check "Library and Archives of Canada"
        http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/microform-digitization/006003-130-0016-e.html?PHPSESSID=ue31rnd6h36bf483fkr8f0umd4

        Kell Svenningsen
        Norfolk Militia Heritage Regiment