'Ordnance Blue' paint for wood?

  • ucmilitiagreen
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
      Good afternoon everyone,

      I'm trying to source a blue paint appropriate to paint wooden boxes British 'ordnance blue', perhaps over a basecoat. I haven't had any luck finding some in my local Home Depot, Rona, or Canadian Tire. I was wondering what make and colour was commonly used by members of this forum and where you bought it?

      As always, thank you for your time.

      Pvt. Sculthorp, 104th Rgt.
    • glenn stott
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2012
        In the Royal Scots Light Company, we have used Soldier Blue or French blue from the Heritage Paints collection.

        Glenn Stott
        I'm trying to source a blue paint appropriate to paint wooden boxes British 'ordnance blue', perhaps over a basecoat. I haven't had any luck finding some in my local Home Depot, Rona, or Canadian Tire. I was wondering what make and colour was commonly used by members of this forum and where you bought it?

        As always, thank you for your time.

        Pvt. Sculthorp, 104th Rgt.

      • shayna121
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2012