Re: new to your group - introducing ourselves

  • Soo
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 15 5:45 PM
      Welcome Bernadette!

      As to trailers. *rolls eyes*
      I started out on my own with a Hyundai. When my partner and I got together (and I dragged him into re-enacting) we used his Bonneville. Then the Bonneville and the Hyundai. Next came a Safari. Then a Safari and open trailer. Finally the Safari and cargo trailer.

      I choked at the cost of the cargo trailer, but it was not safe to leave things in the open trailer in our neighbourhood. So we had to pack or unpack the trailer just before leaving, and as soon as we arrived home. Talk about major headaches and domestic disputes. LOL
      The cargo trailer solved that problem. Also, H. built racks into the cargo trailer to hold things; bedding, my cast iron pot collection, etc.

      We are often mistaken for sutlers, but have not come to blows due to being rushed, tired, etc.

      For a number of years, we were both free lance historical interpreters as well, so having everything prepacked so to speak, and knowing where everything was, was a bonus.

      The REAL bonus, was that everything (with the exception of some food supplies and the air mats and sleeping bags) stayed in the trailer over the winter! This saved on storage space inside.
      We put the trailer into covered winter storage from October until April.

      cheers,
      Sue Too