THANK YOU

  • oldforterie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2012
      To all of our wonderful re-enactors and friends that came out to participate in the 26th Annual Siege of Fort Erie this past weekend, I say THANK YOU!!
      Together you helped entertain close to 2000 paying visitors, not to mention the many more that came just to watch the battles! This has been the most successful event we've ever hosted, and we couldn't have done it without you!
      Special thanks to Richard Feltoe, Sioux Spencer and Peter Monahan for laying out the camps this weekend. It's a tough job that needs to be done every year, and with increasing numbers and limited space, we know you all put a lot of thought and effort into making sure everyone was comfortable. Thank you so much!
      Additional thanks to Craig Williams and Peter Twist who coordinated the British forces, and to Martin Land and John Harris who filled in for Betsy Bashore and Rob Trumbull leading the Americans. To Betsy and Rob, you were certainly missed! I know this is the first Siege weekend that Rob hasn't attended and we hope to see you both back next year!
      To our poor Caldwell's Rangers, we hope they are doing well nursing their many, MANY wasp stings! "The Green Hornets" are certainly troopers and it was nice to see them smiling and laughing about the terrible ordeal the next day. As for our friend Philip Conklin who suffered an injury during Sunday's battle, I'm sure you'll all be glad to know he is doing well after suffering an upper arm break, and is hoping to be back in action for Queenston Heights. A very special thank you to RN Rob McQuire from the Royal Scots Grenadiers who attended him on the field. And a biased thank you to our own Kate Feetham, our First Aider during the battles, who sat with Philip on Sunday, and who suffered 14 wasp stings of her own helping the Caldwell's on Saturday.
      I can't say thank you enough to all of you for the dedication and loyalty you've shown over the years. This event is truly something special because of all of you that make a special effort to come and recreate the Siege of Fort Erie. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
      We'll see you August 10 & 11, 2013, for the 27th Annual Siege of Fort Erie!!

      ps. Did anyone catch that I'm sending this 'Thank You' on the 198th Anniversary of the Night Assault? :)
    • rob friar
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15, 2012
        Sounds like it was wonderful! We here in southern virginia do not get an opportunity to participate in many events up there but next year we do plan on coming up to the Ft Meiggs event as Petersburg (Virginia) volunteers. Really looking forward to it!
        Rob Friar