RE: 1812 De Rottenburg's St. Davids headquarters

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 7, 2012
      Ian:Since the Americans burned St. David's, I suspect that the building no longer exists.Ray

      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      From: igardner@...
      Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 21:36:40 -0400
      Subject: 1812 De Rottenburg's St. Davids headquarters

      Hi all,

      Just doing a bit of background research and thought I'd throw this

      question out to the group. I know there's the stone marker for it in

      front of First Presbyterian Church on the York Road but I was wondering

      if anyone knows what building (if any) served as the headquarters?

      TIA

      Ian

    • Craig Williams
      Message 36 of 36 , Aug 15, 2012
        Sorry to be this tardy with my congratulations.

        I'd like to take this opportunity to thank some folks for their
        efforts this past weekend. First of all, the NPC Staff in general and
        the Fort Erie staff specifically, thank you for your hospitality and
        congratulations on a great event!
        To the men (and women) of the Crown Forces line... HUZZAH! You people
        are always amazing. There was a moment when we had brought the regular/
        grenadier wing down the field in line when I had an opportunity to
        look back at them advancing and I couldn't speak for a moment. You
        dazzled me.
        To our gallant foe well done and thank you and thank you to Martin for
        stepping up to command the U.S. line! Well done sir,
        It was also great to see Mr. Harris back out in blue doing his thing!
        Glad you're back John.(how are the knees this week?)
        I hope that Rob makes a speedy recovery.
        On that note I hope that our other friends injured this weekend
        through various misadventures get well soon too!

        Oh and thank you Travis Hill of the Fort staff ,who is also a
        formidable professional lacrosse player. He gave me a gift this
        weekend that I have no idea how I'm ever going to repay. Way cool Trav!

        As always, I have the honor to remain
        Your most humble servant,

        Craig Williams