Wasaga under Siege - August 17th, 18th & 19th - Only Two Weeks Away! & New 1812 Book on Tiger Dunlop.

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2012
      Hi Everyone,

      Just a quick reminder that it is only two weeks till Wasaga under Siege -"A
      War of 1812 Experience" taking place August 17th, 18th & 19th . Wasaga under
      Siege will be celebrating its 10th year taking place at Nancy Island
      Historic Site in beautiful Wasaga Beach, Ontario.

      This year will also mark another historic special event as Nancy Island
      Historic Site has constructed a brand new Welcome Centre to mark the
      bicentennial and the grand opening took place back in May and of course is
      now fully operational for Wasaga under Siege.

      If you are planning to attend Wasaga under Siege this year and have not
      registered to date online I would encourage you to do so ASAP.
      Pre-registration helps us plan logistical needs such as food, drinks,
      parking, volunteers, etc. in order to ensure we accommodate everyone and of
      course any special needs requests.

      On-line registration for Wasaga under siege 2012 is can be found on our
      website at www.wasagaundersiege1812.com as well as all the information
      re-enactors need to know about the event.

      If you have any questions please let me know and look forward to hosting you
      as we begin to celebrate and commemorate the upcoming bicentennial.

      God Save the King!

      David J. Brunelle

      Coordinator

      Wasaga under Siege 2003-2012

      New Book - "Tiger Dunlop - Soldier, Engineer & Army Surgeon"

      Author - Paul Carroll

      The well-illustrated 140 page popular history presents Dr. Dunlop's
      Recollections of the American War, with annotations, explanations and
      commentary by local heritage author, Paul Carroll. The book has been
      prepared to celebrate the contribution of a local hero for his service in
      the War of 1812. At this 2012 Bi-Centennial, we commemorate that momentous
      event in our history.

      It was a defining time for Canada. The War of 1812 was the causative event
      for us to see ourselves as Canadians.

      To purchase a copy for please contact Paul Carroll at TheSolSean@... or
      519-524-8303 - Cost - $25.00