Fort Erie

  • shayna121
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 2 1:40 PM
      To All Crown Forces Unit Commanders,

      I have been asked to foward the following message.

      Your Servant,

      Chris McKay
      Aide de Camp to Mr. Twist

      Heather Gorman, the manager at Fort Erie has extended an invitation to any British unit that would like to camp in the siege lines. This is on a first come first served basis. If your unit would like to do this please contact Heather at hgorman(at)niagaraparks.com and also please notify the Quartermaster at petemonahan(at)sympatico.ca so he can make the necessary adjustments to the camp.

      I would like to hold a meeting of unit reps at Fort Erie to update everyone on the Waterloo event in 2015 and also to discuss the Battle of Queenston Heights event. This would be to assign units to their positions for the Battle and also to seek suggestions as to how best to incorporate everyone into a good looking historic context. I look forward to seeing you all at Fort Erie.

      Peter Twist
    • Craig Williams
      Message 36 of 36 , Aug 15 7:42 PM
        Sorry to be this tardy with my congratulations.

        I'd like to take this opportunity to thank some folks for their
        efforts this past weekend. First of all, the NPC Staff in general and
        the Fort Erie staff specifically, thank you for your hospitality and
        congratulations on a great event!
        To the men (and women) of the Crown Forces line... HUZZAH! You people
        are always amazing. There was a moment when we had brought the regular/
        grenadier wing down the field in line when I had an opportunity to
        look back at them advancing and I couldn't speak for a moment. You
        dazzled me.
        To our gallant foe well done and thank you and thank you to Martin for
        stepping up to command the U.S. line! Well done sir,
        It was also great to see Mr. Harris back out in blue doing his thing!
        Glad you're back John.(how are the knees this week?)
        I hope that Rob makes a speedy recovery.
        On that note I hope that our other friends injured this weekend
        through various misadventures get well soon too!

        Oh and thank you Travis Hill of the Fort staff ,who is also a
        formidable professional lacrosse player. He gave me a gift this
        weekend that I have no idea how I'm ever going to repay. Way cool Trav!

        As always, I have the honor to remain
        Your most humble servant,

        Craig Williams