Re: 1812 Lake Erie Flags

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Dickerson" <mdickerson1@...> wrote:

      > So would it seem that flag in the Kentucky museum is more likely to be the
      > blue ensign of the HMS Chippewa or the HMS Little Belt? Not a "native
      > treaty flag"?

      Not sure about the origin of the "Blue Ensign" in Kentucky museum, but it is definitely not from the Chippewa or Little Belt. All the various ensigns & pennants that I mentioned in my earlier post are in the possession of the US Naval Academy at Annapolis MD.

      Couldn't open the attachments on the e-mail you sent off list. Perhaps you could post them to the Photos Section

      Ed B.