The Warriors' Day Parade - CNE Toronto - Aug 18 2012 10:30am

  • john.hymers@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2012
      The 91st Warriors' Day Parade is taking place on Aug 18 2012 at 10:30am at the CNE in Toronto. More than 2,500 will be on parade comprised of many Veterans and presently serving members of Canada's military services. This year we mark the Bicentennial of the War of 1812.

      All military themed Reenactor contingents are welcome to march in this historic event. A number of Reenactors have participated over the years and they have been enthusiastically welcomed. A competition category exists for the best Reenactors on parade, representatives of whom are invited to attend our awards banquet in October.

      Taking the salute this year is the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario.

      Complete details are on our website at www.thewarriorsdayparade.ca including a registration form and parade order.

      There are a number of videos on YouTube if you would like to get a sense of what the parade is all about.

      We march upon the grounds where part of The Battle of York took place and marching through the Princes' Gates at the CNE is a personal moment cherished by our Veterans and Troops.

      Hope you join us on that day to show support for our Veterans and Troops and to remember the War of 1812. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure through the media and the public for Reenacting and Living History.

      If you could pass this message on to other Reenactors it would be most greatly appreciated!

      Regards

      John Hymers
      The Warriors' Day Parade Council
      www.thewarriorsdayparade.ca