Media at Events

  • shayna121
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17 7:28 AM
      Hello All,

      I have a quick request for all the reenacting groups. As we're now in the midst of the bicentennial, the media has started to pay close attention to us, our hobby, and our events. I'm sure most of you agree that this is fabulous exposure.

      My request is that if your group has invited media to join you at an event in any capacity, please let the site know that this is happening. Already at two events this year, I've spoken to sites that were surprised and left scrambling when a photographer or film crew showed up. Usually they have specific directions or locations for these people, and the site needs to make sure they're all treated fairly. An email or phone call in advance is necessary to make sure that happens.

      Thanks,

      Chris McKay