New Member

  • sabre1183
    Message 1 of 63 , Jul 9, 2012
      Greetings All!

      My name is Travis Bennett and I currently live in a northern suburb of Buffalo, NY. I was born and raised here, but spent 10 years in NC and just recently moved back. I joined the War of 1812 group as I have become over the last 2-3 years very interested in the history of the Niagara frontier's involvement in the war--especially the events leading up to and including the 1814 campaign. I have done some research into the events that transpired during that pivotal time and have visited most of the sites surrounding them. Of course, any information or expertise you all could provide would be great!

      I also am interested in reenacting the period at some point--any information in regards to units in close proximity to WNY would also be most welcomed!

      -Travis
    • James D'Angelo
      Message 63 of 63 , Jul 30, 2014

        Kathryn,

        Thank you for your offer.  We are always looking for volunteers, especially with specialized talents.  Please tell me more about what the “civilian impression” might work.  We do have several folks, including “General Daniel” in costume, but no one is presently doing anything other than being in costume!  This sounds like it might be a great addition!

        Jim