Flight of the Royal George

  • lenthecooper
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2012
      Hello All,

      I would like to thank the organizers of the Flight of the Royal George for the wonderful reception, good comradeship and hearty welcome to our new unit.

      Cheers,

      Len Heidebrecht
      York Volunteers
    • westhouse03
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2012
        I would like to second that. What a wonderful busy event. There was some confusion here and there but we got through it. The Snowbirds flying over on Sunday morning was quite a treat. Two passes over the British camp with smoke trailing, nice.
        Breakfasts were great, provided by the fire hall, and the Saturday dinner was wonderful.

        The battles were interesting and much enjoyed by the public. They sure do like the British side up there in Loyalist country.

        The Fort Henry battle on Sunday was nice, but would have been nicer with more U.S. troops. Something about the travel required. The audience on hand was huge.

        The ships on hand were a nice added touch.

        Pics of the event are posted on the Royal Scots Grenadiers website at;
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/10853792@N08/collections/72157629721522948/

        Dave Westhouse.