Bibliographic resource

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16, 2012
      List:I am often asked for a list of books on the War of 1812. The most comprehensive resource I have come across is by Bowker, and can be found at http://www.bowker.com/en-US/It contains a bibliography of almost one thousand books on the topic.Understandably, 2012 has been a bumper year for publishers on the war. Already this year well over one hundred volumes have been published in North America and the UK.Check the site out, it is very informative and helpful.Ray

    • Sea Canary
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2012
        For some reason your link doesn't work. Might you revisit it and give us an updated URL?

        don stallone

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...> wrote:

        > List:I am often asked for a list of books on the War of 1812. The most comprehensive resource I have come across is by Bowker, and can be found at http://www.bowker.com/en-US/It contains a bibliography of almost one thousand books on the topic.Understandably, 2012 has been a bumper year for publishers on the war. Already this year well over one hundred volumes have been published in North America and the UK.Check the site out, it is very informative and helpful.Ray

      • Ray Hobbs
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2012
          The word "It" does not belong in the title - a typo on my part.Tryhttp://www.bowker.com/en-US/That should work.Ray
        • Ron
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2012
            Actually, that one does not work either. The following should take you there:

            http://www.bowker.com/en-US/aboutus/press_room/2012/pr_06132012.shtml

            ron

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2012
              Ray,
              All I get is a "page not found".

              Sue Too

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 17, 2012
                It works fine for me!Ray

                "Actually, that one does not work either..." [snip]
              • Sea Canary
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 18, 2012
                  Your updated link for Publishers Mark War of 1812 Bicentennial with
                  Record Number of Books, says Bowker
                  <http://www.bowker.com/en-US/aboutus/press_room/2012/pr_06132012.shtml>
                  works for me.

                  To get the actual list of books, you need to go to the sentence
                  Now, Bowker has compiled a list of more than 994 books published about
                  the war
                  <http://www.bowker.com/assets/downloads/corporate/war1812_reading_list.x\
                  lsx> , including updated bicentennial editions of The War of 1812: A
                  Forgotten Conflict by Donald R. Hickey, and The War of 1812: Conflict
                  for a Continent by J.C.A. Stagg.
                  and click on the hyper-link "994 books published about the war" which
                  will, in turn, connect you to a download for an Excel spreadsheet
                  containing the books.

                  Regards,
                  Don, Maryland