Stoney Creek

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012
      On behalf of the members of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment, I would like to
      give a big thank you to all of the organisers for this year's Battle of
      Stoney Creek!

      It looked like it was going to be a weekend of rain, rain, and more rain,
      but surprisingly it wasn't! Beautiful weather, and most went home with dry
      canvas! (except for the few that remained after 5 on Sunday)

      I would like to thank all of the Companies for supporting us and coming to
      the Dedication of our Colours. I would like to thank Peter Monahan for
      blessing the Colours, the Drum Major, Ross Flowers, and the Drums Crown
      Forces, for giving us a nice stack of drums, a great pair of Ensigns, and an
      exceptional Colour Serjeant to parade around our Colours!

      Thank you to Serjeant Major Steve Hartwick, for shepherding the Ensigns
      through the service, and to the rest of the Crown Forces staff for handing
      the parade over to me.

      Before I forget. Marie, it was so good to see you this weekend, we need to
      do this more than once every 5 years!

      Thank to the NCOs and soldiers under my command from the #7 Company of the
      Royal Newfoundland Regiment. It was great to have such a large turnout!
      You make my job too easy! Thanks for letting me drive such a large red
      machine!

      Lastly, thanks for all the well wishes as I start my new career! It is nice
      to know that not only are we a re-enactment society, but we are also a
      family that truly cares about the welfare of each other.

      I will see many of you at the Flight of the Royal George in Bath Ontario,
      and we will catch up there about my first 2 weeks on the job!

      Kevin Windsor

      Royal Newfoundland Regiment (recreated)

    • HAROLD DENNISON
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012
        Well said, Tom. That about sums it it up.
        It's unfortunate that the education day on Friday was washed out but clearly....that was the price for an awesome event.

        Hal Dennison

        [snip]
        It was so nice to see so many reenactors out to support this fine event. [snip]
        Tom Fournier, Captain
        41st Regiment of Foot