Re: 1812 British feather hackles

  • HQ93rd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2012
      Godwin seems to still have such: http://www.gggodwin.com/prod-547.htm

      93rd SHRoFLHU
      THE Thin Red Line
      www.93rdhighlanders.com
      www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
      www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Iain Burns <iain51hdbw@...>

      Hull all,
      Can anyone recommend a source for British center company FEATHER (not woolen)
      hackles, preferably in North America rather than across the pond? [snip]
    • Sioux
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
        (Another belated reply, sorry! Have been off the interwebs and on the road for a while.)

        We have a good supply of these on their way in, expected by the end of the month: 6" and 8" in white, red/white, and green. We're working with a different source for plain red in the same lengths, will let you know when we've got them talked down to a reasonable price. ;)

        Cheers,
        -- Sioux

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

        > You might also try Spencer's Mercantile:
        >
        > Telephone:
        > (+1)
        > 905.525.6303
        > Fax: (+1) 289.389.8046
        > E-mail: info@...
        >
        > Peter Monahan

      • Iain Burns
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
          Thanks, Sioux, I am happy to hear you will also have Red Hackles that would be suitable for a certain Highland Regiment that is near and dear to my heart!
          Aye
          Iain