Just found a source for repro jewelry

  • francesgrimble
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2012
      I just found a good source for reasonable-looking faux riviere necklaces: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SacredCake. The owner custom makes most of them and is very patient in answering questions. BTW, her rectangular and her oval faux stones are both authentic shapes for the early 19th century, but her oval cost more because they are harder to set. She also has large and small size stones and the large cost more, no surprise.

      Fran
      Lavolta Press
      Books on making 19th- and early 20th-century clothing
      www.lavoltapress.com
    • Kathryn
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2012
        Thanks, Fran!

        I have found some great artisans and craftspeople on Etsy.com and have made
        some very satisfying purchases from there in the past. Even if I don't have
        anything in mind to buy, I just enjoy browsing the site to see what I can
        discover. I'll definitely take a look at this artist, even though I am not
        looking for faux riviere necklaces, but because it will be fun to see what
        she has that fits our time period.

        Thanks again for the recommendation.

        Kathryn