Fort Erie Grand Parade Question

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2012
      Just wondering about details as far as registering for the Fort Erie Grand Parade and details as to where the camp set up is and any other reenactor info?
      Ken
    • Adrian Rittner
      Message 2 of 9 , May 30, 2012
        I was assured by the Chair of the Fort Erie 1812 Bicentennial at a Niagara
        Legacy Council Meeting recently that all re-enactors are well aware of the
        Parade and Battle of Frenchman's Creek event. He said a package was sent out
        to them back in November. The 49th did not get this information, I was
        wondering if others did.

        The only suggestion I have is to visit their website, and perhaps once you
        have registered than maybe perhaps more information will be forth coming.

        http://www.forterie1812.ca/home.php

        Adrian Rittner

        49th Regiment of Foot (recreated)

        Message 3 of 9 , May 30, 2012
          I know that the staff didn't.

          Sent from my iPhone

        • rirvine4@cogeco.ca
          Message 4 of 9 , May 30, 2012
            There is a lot of info on this site messages dated March 21,2012 for the Grand Parade and battle of Frenchman's Creek from event chair Jon Sek
            Bob Irvine

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <ken.helen@...> wrote:

            > Just wondering about details as far as registering for the Fort Erie Grand Parade and details as to where the camp set up is and any other reenactor info?
            > Ken

          • Sue Tracy & Tracy Macdonnell
            Message 5 of 9 , May 31, 2012
              Hi Adrian,

              Maybe I'm just being dumb, but when I went to the website link, it says Fort
              Erie Bicentennial.

              It was only by luck I clicked on the FB link and found out that it's the
              23rd.

              Maybe the confusion is that, like me, people thought the Fort Erie
              Bicentennial event was the August event, not an additional event in June?

              Sue

            • Flo Odding
              Message 6 of 9 , May 31, 2012
                there is also a small event in Fort erie June 30 - July 2, 2012 at
                Friendship Festival we are looking for participants especially merchants -
                will pay for them to set up,
                call 905-871-6454

                --
                Flo Odding
                Manager
                Message 7 of 9 , May 31, 2012
                  I went to the website and found almost no info for reeenactors and searched the group messages info there very minimal for reeenactors. I even sent a message to the contact portion of the event and received no response as of yet. It appears that this event either isn't going to be reeenactor friendly or it is picking and choosing which groups it wants in attendance.
                  Ken

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 31, 2012
                    The annual Siege of Fort Erie at the Fort (NPC) is still in August as per
                    usual (meaning the 198th anniversary).

                    Not to be confused with the events organised by the Town of Fort Erie (Fort
                    Erie Bicentennial Committee), meaning the 1812 Grande Parade, and the Battle
                    of Frenchman's Creek (1812) in June.

                    I digress and leave the details to the respective event organisers.

                    Adrian Rittner

                    Hi Adrian,

                    Maybe I'm just being dumb, but when I went to the website link, it says Fort
                    Erie Bicentennial. [snip]
                  • Mark Dickerson
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
                      Here is the invitation to attend. Is this what is needed?

                      http://www.forterie1812.ca/grande-parade-invitation-2.pdf

                      Mark D