leeks n'choppers

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
      ...from<ninety3rd@...> comes:

      "Not in the 8th's .....Mess .... Major Sandler had
      incorporated the eating of a raw leek into the Mess
      .... ceremony... I recall you...could not eat yours,
      what with funky choppers!).
      _____________________________________
      Major "B", If you had attended the next sitting of
      Major Sandler's 8th Mess, you would have
      witnessed a bowl of pureed raw leeks, that
      I devoured with no problem. And, having
      done so, did announce, that from that time on
      all my leeks would be cooked and in smaller
      pieces.............. ;-)

      I also must add to your observations of
      Major Sandler's 8th Mess. It was the
      highlight of 1812 Re-enactments from
      Toronto to Mississinewa. He did a very
      smashing job in portraying
      "how it would have been!"
      Huzzah Barry !!!! ...... we miss you !

      by the by,
      " Washington wore falsies ! "

    • ninety3rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2000
        In a message dated 03/3/2000 2:21:05 PM, lalozon@... writes:

        << Major "B", If you had attended the next sitting of

        Major Sandler's 8th Mess, you would have

        witnessed a bowl of pureed raw leeks, that

        I devoured with no problem. And, having

        done so, did announce, that from that time on

        all my leeks would be cooked and in smaller

        I probably was there...but may have been playing cricket on the table with
        the grapes and cheese by then...