British feather hackles

  • Iain Burns
    Message 1 of 7 , May 25 12:30 PM
      Hull all,
      Can anyone recommend a source for British center company FEATHER (not woolen) hackles, preferably in North America rather than across the pond?
      Woolen hackles are no problem, but feather ones seem... Elusive...
      Thanks,
      Iain

    • David Brunelle
      Message 2 of 7 , May 25 1:12 PM
        Here is a good source for feather hackles:

        Coghlin & Upton Military Accoutrements

        The Annex - 4520 Jordan Road, PO Box 56

        Jordan Station, Ontario, Canada L0R 1S0

        Tel: (905) 562-0222 ~ Fax: (905) 562-8374

        Website: www.coghlinandupton.com

        David J. Brunelle, OCT

        Project Director

        Southern Georgian Bay

        War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee

        705-716-7124

        www.1812bicentennial.com
      • peter monahan
        Message 3 of 7 , May 26 8:23 AM
          You might also try Spencer's Mercantile:

          Telephone:
          (+1)
          905.525.6303
          Fax: (+1) 289.389.8046
          E-mail: info@...

          Peter Monahan

        • Iain Burns
          Message 4 of 7 , May 26 11:40 AM
            Thanks to all for the answers to the Hackle question, both on and off list.

            Aye,
            Iain
          • HQ93rd@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 31 10:42 PM
              Godwin seems to still have such: http://www.gggodwin.com/prod-547.htm

              93rd SHRoFLHU
              THE Thin Red Line
              www.93rdhighlanders.com
              www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
              www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
                (Another belated reply, sorry! Have been off the interwebs and on the road for a while.)

                We have a good supply of these on their way in, expected by the end of the month: 6" and 8" in white, red/white, and green. We're working with a different source for plain red in the same lengths, will let you know when we've got them talked down to a reasonable price. ;)

                Cheers,
                -- Sioux

                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, peter monahan <petemonahan@...> wrote:

                > You might also try Spencer's Mercantile:
                >
                > Telephone:
                > (+1)
                > 905.525.6303
                > Fax: (+1) 289.389.8046
                > E-mail: info@...
                >
                > Peter Monahan

              • Iain Burns
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 6, 2012
                  Thanks, Sioux, I am happy to hear you will also have Red Hackles that would be suitable for a certain Highland Regiment that is near and dear to my heart!
                  Aye
                  Iain