Brigade Napoleon Grand Tactique, July 27-29, Old Bedford Village, PA

  • Iain Burns
    Message 1 of 3 , May 21, 2012
      All,

      A just slightly off topic posting; this is a reminder for the Brigade Napoleon Grand Tactique will held in Old Bedford Village, Bedford PA over the weekend of July 27-29. Registration forms and information are available at http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/events/events_schedule.htm<http://www.brigade-napoleon.org/events/events_schedule.htm> . If you are coming, you must REGISTER BY SATURDAY, MAY 27! (That's this weekend...)

      Unfortunately, all the indoor billets in the village buildings are full, but there is plenty of room for tent camps.

      British Regulars will have no problems shifting from 1812 to the Napoleonic Theatre of War, as will both British and (with small modifications) American Sailors. American Regulars may be able to adapt their kits in order to portray French, and American Militiamen with Civilian clothes are welcome to act as villagers of the small Belgium town that is being occupied.

      ... and if you can not make the changes, be sure to come by and see what you are missing.

      Britons, remember... Boney is the REAL enemy!

      Americans, you have been helping BONAPARTE by keeping the British busy for years, this is your chance to be of more direct help...

      For more information, please contact me off-list at iain51hdbw (at) msn.com, and I will put you in touch with the organizers... but remember, registrations must be in by Saturday.

      Aye,
      Iain Burns
      42nd Royal Highland Reg't
      (and sometimes a breek-wearing Lawlander in the Centre Coy of the 1st Royal Scots...)

    • shayna121
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2012
        Hello Iain,

        I was going to email you directly, but this likely concerns every Canadian that would be travelling down for this event. If there are horses on the field, our insurance through the NFA is void. Is there anything the site can do to help us out?

        Thanks,

        Chris McKay

        Message 3 of 3 , May 21, 2012
          Chris,

          Not my area of expertise (not sure if I have one, really) but I will check with those in the know and get back to you.