RE: 1812 Off topic - Lherbette Knapsack /copywrite

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 13 , May 16, 2012
      "My opinion only-What is considered "moral" and what is considered "legal" are two entirely different things."

      My point exactly, John. Just because a thing is legal - copying someone else's work without giving credit or recompense was the example that sparked this exchange - doesn't make it 'moral', 'right' or whatever other judgemental term one wishes to use. One observes copyright because it is a legal requirement but in this case, where Dr. Hobbs seems to suggest 'copyright' may not be applicable, one does the same because it is the moral thing to do, I hope.

      Peter