Fw: Back Packs

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 12:43 PM
      This message was sent to me by
      Gerry Altoff <Gerry_Altoff@...>

      Perry's Monument,UPS,
      Put-in-Bay, Ohio, U.S.A.
      _________________________
      Author:
      "Anthony Kornasiewicz" <apk@...>
      This is just a quick note to say hello, and let
      everyone know that a new group of knapsacks
      is just about ready to go. I made up 10 of the
      pesky devils, so there should be enough to go
      around. These packs have been made up as
      "kits", but the only thing left to do is attach the
      leather straps to the envelope. Everything else
      is already done (even the buckles -nice solid
      brass roller buckles
      ( I might add- have been sewn in place).
      Please spread the word, as I don't have E-mail
      addresses for everyone. These packs are painted
      a nice sky blue, with the encircled U.S. on the flap,
      so if anyone wants a plain one for some reason get
      in touch with me soon, before I have them all painted.
      I'm asking $70.00 (U.S.) for the kits (includes shipping),
      and will assemble them for you for about $20 if you like.

      Tony Kornasiewicz

    • Roger Fuller
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 12:53 PM
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't roller buckles a later, mass produced
        machine-made item, at least from well after the War of 1812? I imagine more
        expensive hand-made ones would have been available for officers, but for the
        rank and file, they'd have had plain iron or brass buckles.

        Better to find out now, before they're all sewn-on....
        (Been there, re-sewn that!)

        Roger
        3/95th (Rifles)

        > This is just a quick note to say hello, and let
        >everyone know that a new group of knapsacks
        >is just about ready to go. I made up 10 of the
        >pesky devils, so there should be enough to go
        >around. These packs have been made up as
        >"kits", but the only thing left to do is attach the
        >leather straps to the envelope. Everything else
        >is already done (even the buckles -nice solid
        >brass roller buckles
        >( I might add- have been sewn in place).
        >Please spread the word, as I don't have E-mail
        >addresses for everyone. These packs are painted
        >a nice sky blue, with the encircled U.S. on the flap,
        >so if anyone wants a plain one for some reason get
        >in touch with me soon, before I have them all painted.
        >I'm asking $70.00 (U.S.) for the kits (includes shipping),
        >and will assemble them for you for about $20 if you like.
        >
        > Tony Kornasiewicz

        >DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
        >Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
        >0.0% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
        >Apply NOW!

        square miles...

      • The Bosse Family
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 7:23 AM
          I will take one roller buckles or not!
          That and a white blanket would round me out.

          Dave Bosse