RE: 1812 Heritage minute competition

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2012
      Congratulations Geoff! That is awesome!

      David J. Brunelle, OCT

      Project Director

      Southern Georgian Bay

      War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee

      705-716-7124

      www.1812bicentennial.com

      SGB Logo English.jpg

      Greetings all.

      I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage Minute Contest." [snip]

      Regards,

      Mr. Geoff Audas,
    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2012
        congratulations! Well deserved! Jim Gallen St. Louis, Missouri, USA

        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2012
          Harrumph..... Mr. Audas, you forgot the MOST IMPORTANT Fencible Regiment;
          The Royal Newfoundland Regiment of Fencible Infantry!

          Seriously though, great Job Geoff!! You must be proud of your students!

          Folks, if you have never heard or seen these drill teams in action I can
          tell you they would put some re-enactment groups to shame!! Geoff and Norm
          has put many years of effort into this and they rightfully should feel
          proud!!

          Kevin

          Royal Newfoundland Reg't

          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2012
            Well done!
            These excellent young people have also fought the Fenians in 1866 garb.
            Some credit should go to teachers who put in this kind of effort teaching history.
            Jim

            [snip]
            > I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage Minute Contest." [snip]
          • Chris Pohlkamp
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2012
              Aanii
              Excellent job, it is wonderful to see our young people involved in Canadian history.

              Miigwetch
              Checomick
              Baa Maa Pii
              On-Gwe-Ho-Way

                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2012
                  Terrific job! Congratulations to all involved.

                  Ron Dale

                • Soo
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2012
                    Excellent!