RE: 1812 Heritage minute competition

  • Kathryn
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2012
      Congratulations! Very nicely done!

      Kathryn

      -----Original Message-----
      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of gra12er
      Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 10:15 AM

      Greetings all.

      I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill
      team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage
      Minute Contest."

      East Northumberland Secondary School's Student Drill Team (Brighton, ON)
      along with the Drill Team from Norwood District High School, made a video
      exploring (albeit briefly) the role of fencible regiments during the war of
      1812. We filmed at Lang Pioneer Village (Keene, ON) and the music was
      provided by my friend, Mr. Andrew Schroter.

      If you would like to see our video, please click the link provided.

      http://fyicanada.ca/canada_scene/view.do?id=24526

      Regards,

      Mr. Geoff Audas,
      East Northumberland Secondary School
      Brighton, ON
    • David Brunelle
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2012
        Congratulations Geoff! That is awesome!

        David J. Brunelle, OCT

        Project Director

        Southern Georgian Bay

        War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee

        705-716-7124

        www.1812bicentennial.com

        SGB Logo English.jpg

        Greetings all.

        I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage Minute Contest." [snip]

        Regards,

        Mr. Geoff Audas,
      • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2012
          congratulations! Well deserved! Jim Gallen St. Louis, Missouri, USA

          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2012
            Harrumph..... Mr. Audas, you forgot the MOST IMPORTANT Fencible Regiment;
            The Royal Newfoundland Regiment of Fencible Infantry!

            Seriously though, great Job Geoff!! You must be proud of your students!

            Folks, if you have never heard or seen these drill teams in action I can
            tell you they would put some re-enactment groups to shame!! Geoff and Norm
            has put many years of effort into this and they rightfully should feel
            proud!!

            Kevin

            Royal Newfoundland Reg't

            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2012
              Well done!
              These excellent young people have also fought the Fenians in 1866 garb.
              Some credit should go to teachers who put in this kind of effort teaching history.
              Jim

              [snip]
              > I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage Minute Contest." [snip]
            • Chris Pohlkamp
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2012
                Aanii
                Excellent job, it is wonderful to see our young people involved in Canadian history.

                Miigwetch
                Checomick
                Baa Maa Pii
                On-Gwe-Ho-Way

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2012
                    Terrific job! Congratulations to all involved.

                    Ron Dale

                  • Soo
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2, 2012
                      Excellent!