1812 Heritage minute competition

  • gra12er
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2012
      Greetings all.

      I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage Minute Contest."

      East Northumberland Secondary School's Student Drill Team (Brighton, ON) along with the Drill Team from Norwood District High School, made a video exploring (albeit briefly) the role of fencible regiments during the war of 1812. We filmed at Lang Pioneer Village (Keene, ON) and the music was provided by my friend, Mr. Andrew Schroter.

      If you would like to see our video, please click the link provided.

      http://fyicanada.ca/canada_scene/view.do?id=24526

      Regards,

      Mr. Geoff Audas,
      East Northumberland Secondary School
      Brighton, ON
    • Kathryn
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2012
        Congratulations! Very nicely done!

        Kathryn

        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2012
          Congratulations Geoff! That is awesome!

          David J. Brunelle, OCT

          Project Director

          Southern Georgian Bay

          War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee

          705-716-7124

          www.1812bicentennial.com

          SGB Logo English.jpg

          Greetings all.

          I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage Minute Contest." [snip]

          Regards,

          Mr. Geoff Audas,
        • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2012
            congratulations! Well deserved! Jim Gallen St. Louis, Missouri, USA

            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2012
              Harrumph..... Mr. Audas, you forgot the MOST IMPORTANT Fencible Regiment;
              The Royal Newfoundland Regiment of Fencible Infantry!

              Seriously though, great Job Geoff!! You must be proud of your students!

              Folks, if you have never heard or seen these drill teams in action I can
              tell you they would put some re-enactment groups to shame!! Geoff and Norm
              has put many years of effort into this and they rightfully should feel
              proud!!

              Kevin

              Royal Newfoundland Reg't

              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2012
                Well done!
                These excellent young people have also fought the Fenians in 1866 garb.
                Some credit should go to teachers who put in this kind of effort teaching history.
                Jim

                [snip]
                > I am writing this message to bring to your attention my high school drill team's win in the Historica Dominion Institute's "Make your Own Heritage Minute Contest." [snip]
              • Chris Pohlkamp
                Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2012
                  Aanii
                  Excellent job, it is wonderful to see our young people involved in Canadian history.

                  Miigwetch
                  Checomick
                  Baa Maa Pii
                  On-Gwe-Ho-Way

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 1, 2012
                      Terrific job! Congratulations to all involved.

                      Ron Dale

                    • Soo
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 2, 2012
                        Excellent!