Introduction

  • capndavelxiv
    Message 1 of 174 , Apr 4 9:30 AM
      Hi All-

      I'm new to reenacting the War of 1812, but have been a Revolutionary War reenactor since 1976. Have been a member of H.M.64th Regiment of Foot all that time, I am still quite active and am a Captain commanding a company of infantry.

      I reside in the North Carolina Piedmont and am working on a rifle frock to complete an impression of a militiaman of the Wake Volunteer Guards. Since I was actually reenacting during the Rev War Bicentennial, I do get the privilege of portraying a "76" man. I'll be regaling the younger members of the unit about how I was at the front line at Hannah's Cowpens, and how we sent Banny Tarleton running!

      I look forward to gathering a lot of information from you in my first serious foray outside the period of the Revolution. I hope to meet some of you in the flesh at upcoming reenactments.

      Dave Snyder
    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 174 of 174 , Dec 19, 2013
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group?  We will look forward to your posts.

        Jim Gallen